Max's Christmas is an episode of Max & Ruby from season one and the first Christmas episode of the series. It is the second adaptation of the original story by creator Rosemary Wells, following the 1988 Weston Woods animated short.
Max is full of questions when Ruby hurries to bed on Christmas Eve so that Santa Claus can come. No one is supposed to stay up to see Santa.
- This episode is based on the book by Rosemary Wells titled Max's Christmas.
- Max only brushes his teeth for exactly three seconds during the scene in which Ruby orders him to brush his teeth.
- The only word Max says that is not part of a question is "because", which he states at the episode's end.
- This is the first holiday-themed episode.
- Max Was Saying WHY All Day.
- Ruby Was Saying BECAUSE All Day.
- The French & German title cards show the same screenshot with Max with a different expression.
click here to view the gallery
click here to view the transcript